The Wooster HS Scholarship application will be opening October 1. You will fill out ONE application for MULTIPLE scholarships. Take your time and do well.
The 3 short essay questions are: 1. Why do you feel you deserve to be considered for a scholarship? 2. What do you plan to do with your education? What are your long-term goals? 3. What obstacles have you overcome to get where you are?
Scholarships are listed by their DEADLINE. SCROLL DOWN to bottom to see ALL scholarship opportunities. (Scholarships with multiple or rolling deadlines are listed separately at the bottom)
Please apply early to avoid any problems with your application.
Military Scholarship Opportunities can be found HERE.
October 21, 2022
October 22, 2022
October 31, 2022
November 9, 2022
November 12, 2022
November 14, 2022
November 15, 2022
November 17, 2022
December 1, 2022
December 15, 2022
Tis the Season for Scholarships! Don't get fooled.
- NEVER pay for scholarship applications or fees.
- Make sure all pages you submit are typed, NEAT, well edited, and that all the information you include is true and verifiable.
- Always try and beat the deadline posted.
- National scholarships can involve BIG money. However, they are very difficult to get. Go LOCAL if you can. Look for local stores, businesses, or perhaps your parent(s) employer may offer scholarships.
- Try to submit applications as least one week before the due date. Online servers can get overloaded and stop working properly when everyone submits them on the last day. In addition, remember to account for the delivery time if mailing an application.
- NEVER NEVER pay to submit a scholarship application. (This is a duplication, but bears repeating.)
- Always spell check and proof-read applications. (Mrs. Grange in the Career Center is happy to edit and proof-read.)
- Make sure you have submitted everything requested and answered all the questions.
- Don't submit anything that isn't asked for, and stay under the required word count.
- Photocopy everything before you submit it, in case your application gets lost and needs to be re-submitted.
- Professionalize your online presence, remove potentially embarrassing content from social media. Use an appropriate email address.
- Gather information early. Most scholarships require various versions of:
- Community service activities, hours, location, services
- Personal Essay
- Letters of recommendations
- Resume with test scores, honors classes, and awards received
SCHOLARSHIPS WITH VARYING DUE DATES
Elks Scholarships (Various) - Amount Varies
Application Due Date: Varies Some Requirements: Scholarship, Leadership, Financial Need
American Indian Graduate Center The American Indian Graduate Center offers many scholarships to Native American students. Click HERE to search and apply for AIGC Scholarships.
TEACH Nevada - Amount Varies. Application Due Date: Varies- Apply at any time
Some Requirements: Major in early childhood education. Visit: http://nvteach.org/
Textbook Brokers Scholarship - Books Awarded
Application Due Date: Varies Some Requirements: Apply
Children in Transition Scholarship - Amount Varies
Application Due Date: Varies. Some Requirements: Student in transition
American Indian College Fund - Amount Varies
Application Due Date: Varies. Some Requirements: American Indian student
Latino Scholarships - Amount Varies
Application Due Date: Varies Some Requirements: Latino student
United Negro College Fund Scholarships - Amount Varies
Application Due Date: Varies Some Requirements: Various
U.S. Bowling Congress Scholarship - Amount Varies
Application Due Date: Varies Some Requirements: Bowl
Writers and Illustrators of the Future - Up to 5,000
Application Due Date: Varies Some Requirements: Write or illustrate a story
Scholarship Search Engines
https://www.reviews.com/best-scholarship-search-platforms/ This site helps review different resources for scholarships and how to navigate through them.
* Please be careful when applying for scholarships. Use caution when providing personal information. Do not give out any banking information, since scholarships should be free. *
Going Merry is a free scholarship and financial aid platform. Find thousands of national, regional, and local scholarships available for every grade level from freshmen to seniors. Sign-up for free
College Search and Reviews, Scholarships, College Admissions- Create your profile and then apply. No essays, No hassle!