Assessments & Fees
IB and AP Exam Policy
The following WCSD policy will be applied to all students registered in an IB or AP course. ALL requirements must be met before the AP or IB designation is awarded and recorded on a transcript.
Students register for AP or IB courses during regular high school pre-registration each fall.
- All WCSD students enrolled in an IB or AP course are required to take the exam in that course per Administrative Regulation 6501; therefore, students registered in AP and IB classes will be automatically registered for the course exam unless direct communication has been made to the IBDP/AP Coordinator. AP students who do not show up to their exam will lose their $40 deposit.
- Students must be registered for before the first IB deadline in NOVEMBER. Students making changes to their IB registration (dropping a class, changing courses, adding courses, or changing EE subjects) after this deadline will pay an IB amendment fee. Prices increase further after November 14, January 14, and April 14.
- Students dropping an IB exam after January 14 will not receive a refund for that exam.
- Students wishing to maintain the IB designation on their transcripts, and obtain the IB weighting of the course must complete all components required by IB (including all IA’s, exams, orals, presentations, labs, etc.).
AP Exam Information
- Students will be registered for ALL AP exams by October 1.
- A $40 deposit per exam is due by the last Friday in September. If this deposit is not paid:
- the AP exam(s) will not be ordered,
- the student may be rescheduled into the non-AP versions of the class(es),
- the ‘AP’ designation(s) will be removed from the student’s transcript.
- The remaining balance of AP exam fees (minus deposits) is due by November 1.
- Students dropping an AP class or cancelling an AP exam after October 1 will not receive a refund on their deposit.
- Failure to take the corresponding AP exam will result in the ‘AP’ designation being removed from the student’s transcript and loss of the .50 boost to the student’s overall GPA. Students will also be charged $40 per exam Return Processing Fee.
AP Exam Fees
- 2020 AP exam fee $94 per exam
- 2020 Free/Reduced Lunch AP exam fee $54 per exam
- Late payment/ordering fee $134 per exam ($94+$40)
- Cancellation fee prior to March 1 $40 per exam
- Cancellation fee after March 1 $94 per exam
IB Exam Information
- Students will be registered for ALL IB exams by November 15. Students making changes to their IB registration (adding, dropping, changing courses, or changing EE subjects) after this deadline will pay an IB amendment fee.
- Students cancelling an IB exam after January 14 will not receive a refund for that exam.
- Students wishing to maintain the IB designation on their transcripts, and obtain the IB weighting of the course must complete all components required by IB (including all IAs, exam orals, presentations, labs, etc.).
IB Exam Fees
- $119 per IB exam.
- AP – A $40 deposit per exam is due the last Friday in September.
The remaining balance is due November 1.
- IB – All fees due by November 1.
Late fees will be assessed at $5 per 30 days late. To avoid this fee, complete a payment schedule form and submit is to the bookkeeper.
Reduced Exam Fees: If possible, we strongly suggest that families apply for the Free and Reduced Lunch (FRL) Program, as it helps tremendously to reduce exam fees. The reduced amount changes yearly according to the State of Nevada. See the IB/AP coordinator for specifics. For more information:
- Visit the WCSD web page at https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/1166
- or for direct access visit https://rocket.washoeschools.net/
Miscellaneous Fee Information
- Fee amounts change yearly.
- All fees must be paid by check, cash, or money order to the bookkeeper in the main office, or you can pay online with a credit card (includes a small processing fee) at Wooster High School's home page, select "Shop the Tack Shack".
- The IB/AP coordinator will visit classes to register students for IB exams and AP exams
- We will send out statements at least three times in the year, but it is your responsibility to make sure all fees are paid. Please contact the bookkeeper to check payment of fees, 321-3160 ext. 37010.
- If at any time your child’s registration changes, make sure you inform Mrs. Lienau that you will not be taking the exam (or that you want to add an exam). If you do not communicate with Mrs. Lienau before the deadlines, then you will be held responsible for all fees.
Miscellaneous Testing Information and Exam Calendar
- 2019-2020 IB/AP Exam Schedule
- IB students are offered the opportunity to take AP exams.
- If an AP exam date conflicts with a student’s scheduled IB exam date, the student will take the IB exam, and we will order the student a Late AP exam to be given at a later date.