IBDP Programme Requirements
To participate as a diploma candidate the IB student must fulfill the following requirements starting in the 11th grade:
- Participate in six IB subject exams (subjects are divided into "Groups," and students must take an exam in each of the subject groups-see "Subjects" tab.
- Take IB examinations in each of the six subject areas (each student is responsible for paying an IB registration fee and the cost of all six exams).
- Write an original essay (called the Extended Essay) of approximately 4000 words.
- Take the Theory of Knowledge class for two years.
- Participate in 120 – 150 hours of C.A.S. (Creativity, Action, and Service) and meet the Outcomes.
- IB DP Student and Parent Handbook
- 11th Grade Core Due Dates for 2018-2019 School Year
- 12th Grade Core Due Dates for 2018-2019 School Year
To participate as a Course/Certificate student:
A student may participate in the IB Programme at the certificate level. Though we encourage all students to complete the IB Diploma, not all do. Students not completing the IB Diploma are called "courses candidates". Courses Candidates must take one or more IB subjects, pay the IB registration fee each year, exam fees for the courses in which they are enrolled, and take the IB exam in those subject areas. FAILING CONDITIONS: A student will NOT receive an IB Diploma if one or more of the following occur:
- CAS requirements have not been met.
- Candidate’s total points are fewer than 24.
- An N has been given for theory of knowledge, extended essay or for a contributing subject.
- A grade E has been earned for the Theory of Knowledge oral exam and/or the Extended Essay.
- There is a grade 1 earned in any subject/level.
- A score of 2 has been earned three or more times (HL or SL).
- A score of 3 or lower has been earned four or more times (HL or SL).
- Candidate has gained fewer than 12 points on HL subjects (for candidates who register for four HL subjects, the three highest grades count).
- Candidate has gained fewer than 9 points on SL subjects (candidates who register for two SL subjects must gain at least 5 points at SL).